Regular English Lessons
Greeting and General Things
1. Greeting - Basic
2. Greeting Someone you Know
3. Greeting - Example Conversations
4. Greeting - Interactive Practice
5. Bored - General Phrases
6. Bored - Calling Someone
7. Bored - Boring Work
8. Bored - Interactive Practice
9. How is your Day - General Statements
10. How is your day - Example Conversation
11. How is your day - Interactive Practice
12. Tomorrow's Plan - I am going to
13. Tomorrow's Plan - Questions and Answers
14. Tomorrow's Plan - Example Conversation
15. Tomorrow's Plan - Interactive Practice
16. Yesterday - The Past - General Statements
17. Yesterday - The Past - Questions and Answers
18. Yesterday - The Past - Example Conversation
19. Yesterday - The Past - Interactive Practice
20. Weather - Summer and Autumn
21. Weather - Winter
22. Weather - Fahrenheit and Celsius
23. Weather - Questions and Answers
24. Weather - Long Description
25. Weather - Interactive Practice
Greeting and General Things II
1. Small Talk
2. Small Talk - Two Example Dialogs
3. Small Talk - Interactive Practice
4. Movies - Asking Friend
5. Movies - Example Conversation
6. Movies - Interactive Practice
7. Movies Types - Action and Drama
8. Movie Types - Comedy and Horror
9. Movie Types - Other Types
10. Movie Types - Interactive Practice
11. Movie Discussion - General Statements
12. Movie Discussion - Describing a Movie
13. Movie Discussion - Example Dialog
14. Favorite - What's your Favorite
15. Favorite - Answering Questions
16. Favorite - Interactive Practice
17. Hobby - Questions and Answers
18. Hobby - Various Q&A
19. Hobby - Interactive Practice
20. Exercise - Questions
21. Exercise - Walking Jogging and More
22. Exercise - US Culture
23. Exercise - Interactive Practice
24. Exercise Gym - Lifting Weights
25. Exercise Gym - Questions and Answers
26. Exercise Gym - Other Methods
27. Exercise Gym - Interactive Practice
28. Intro and General Things Review
29. Intro and General Things Review - Interactive Practice
College Related Topics
1. University Life - Meeting New Students
2. University Life - Questions and Answers
3. University Life - More Q and As
4. University Life - Interactive Practice
5. University Classes
6. University Classes - Grades
7. University Classes - Professors and Curriculum
8. University Classes - Dropping Out / Withdrawal
9. University Classes - Interactive Practice
11. Examinations - Finding Information
12. Examinations - General Information
13. Examinations - More Information
14. Examinations - Interactive Practice
15. Roommate - Dormitory
16. Roommate - Sharing things and Questions
17. Roommate - Apartment
18. Roommate - Interactive Practice
College Related Topics II
1. Fraternity and Sorority - Explanation
2. Fraternity and Sorority - General
3. Fraternity and Sorority - Joining
4. Fraternity and Sorority - Interview Questions
5. Fraternity and Sorority - Interactive Practice
6. College Partying
7. College Partying - Questions
8. College Partying - Interactive Practice
10. Smoking - Non Smoking Areas
11. Smoking - Quitting and General Statements
12. Smoking - Asking for Light and Hate Smoking
13. Smoking - Interactive Practice
14. Drinking - Terminologies
15. Drinking - Ordering Drinks
16. Drinking - Ordering at a Table
17. Drinking - General Things
18. Drinking - Interactive Practice
19. College Related Topics Review
20. College Related Topics Review - Interactive Practice
Health - Dating - Marriage
2. Health - Family
3. Health - Interactive Practice
4. Body Parts
5. Body Parts - Leg and Head Area
6. Body Parts - Body Area
7. Body Parts - Interactive Practice
9. Dieting - Questions
10. Dieting - Specific Areas
11. Dieting - Interactive Practice
13. Dating - Follow Up and Flirting
14. Dating Part - Asking for a Date
15. Dating - On the Date
16. Dating - Asking for Second Date
17. Dating - Preparing Activity after Dinner
18. Dating - Saying Goodbye on Date
19. Dating - Interactive Practice
Health - Dating - Marriage II
2. Engagement - Proposing
3. Engagement - Best man and Maid of honor
4. Engagement - Interactive Practice
5. Marriage - Getting a Church
6. Wedding Process - Flowers
7. Wedding Process - Photographer, Dress and Tux
8. Wedding Process - Gifts and Reception
10. Honeymoon - Planning
11. Honeymoon - Conversation before Honeymoon
12. Honeymoon - Conversation after Honeymoon
13. Honeymoon - Interactive Practice
14. Married Life
15. Married Life - Talking to Friends
16. Married Life - Talking about a Friend
17. Married Life - Cheating
18. Married Life - Interactive Practice
19. Health - Dating - Marriage Review
20. Health - Dating - Marriage - Interactive Practice
Guys - Girls - and Sports
1. Talking About Girls - Types You Like or Dislike
2. Talking About Girls - In Love and Body Parts you like
3. Talking About Girls - Interactive Practice
4. Sports in General
5. Sports in General - Volleyball
6. Sports in General - Soccer
7. Sports in General - Swimming
8. Sports in General - Softball
9. Sports in General - Tennis
11. Baseball - Topics
12. Baseball - Baseball Cards
13. Baseball - Equipment
14. Baseball - Amateur League
15. Baseball - Interactive Practice
17. Basketball - Terminologies
18. Basketball - Talking with Friends
19. Basketball - Watching Basketball
20. Basketball - Talking about Kids
21. Basketball - Interactive Practice
23. Football - General Statements
24. Football - Topics
25. Football - Interactive Practice
Guys - Girls - and Sports II
1. Golf - Terminologies
2. Golf - Talking on the Course
3. Golf - Talking to Friends
4. Golf - Interactive Practice
5. Poker - Terminologies
6. Poker - Texas Hold'em Instructions
7. Poker - Talking with Friends
8. Poker - Interactive Practice
9. Talking About Guys
10. Talking About Guys - Comments
11. Talking About Guys - In Public
12. Talking About Guys - Descriptions
13. Talking About Guys - Interactive Practice
14. Shopping - Clothes
15. Shopping - Grocery
16. Shopping - Presents
17. Shopping - Interactive Practice
19. Jewelry - Jewelry Stores
20. Jewelry - General Statements
21. Jewelry - Interactive Practice
22. Guys - Girls - and Sports Review
23. Guys - Girls - and Sports Review - Interactive Practice
Feelings and Emotions
1. Happy and Feeling Good
2. Happy and Feeling Good - Questions
3. Happy and Feeling Good - Other Sentences
4. Happy and Feeling Good - Interactive Practice
6. Anger - Understanding
7. Anger - Confronting
8. Anger - Other
9. Anger - Interactive Practice
10. Excited - General Sentences
11. Excited - Other Expressions
12. Excited - Interactive Practice
13. Being Worried
14. Worry - Serious Situation
15. Being Worried - Talking to a Worried Person
16. Worry - Worried about Family
17. Worry - Interactive Practice
18. Stress - School
19. Stress - Work
20. Stress - Questions and Answers
21. Stress - General
22. Stress - Interactive Practice
Feelings and Emotions II
1. Sad or Depressed
2. Sad or Depressed - Reactions
3. Sad or Depressed - Situational Depression
4. Sad or Depressed - Doctor and Friend
5. Sad or Depressed - Interactive Practice
6. Love - Family
7. Love - Friend and Husband and Wife
8. Love - Infatuation or Love
9. Love - Talking to Friend
10. Love - Interactive Practice
11. Broken Heart - Expressions
12. Broken Heart - Asking Questions
13. Broken Heart - Talking to Person with Broken Heart
14. Broken Heart - Interactive Practice
15. Afraid or Scared
16. Afraid or Scared - General Sentences
17. Afraid or Scared - Interactive Practice
18. Other Emotions - Emotional
19. Other Emotions - Feeling Nothing
20. Other Emotions - Restless
21. Other Emotions - Proud
22. Other Emotions - Anxious and Anxiety
23. Other Emotions - Interactive Practice
24. Feelings and Emotions Review
25. Feelings and Emotions Review - Interactive Practice
26. TalkEnglish Milestone Review
27. TalkEnglish Milestone Review - Interactive Practice
Family - Children - Friends
1. Eating Together
2. Cooking Together
3. Eating and Clean Up
4. Grocery Shopping
6. At The Grocery
7. Pet Care
8. Bringing Home a Pet
9. Taking Care of a Pet
10. Child Care
11. Bank and Money
12. Managing Your Money
15. Sending Mail
16. Receiving Mail
17. House Care
18. House Care - Outside
20. Home Phones
24. Driving a Car
27. Car Maintenance
28. Selling a Car
Family - Children - Friends II
1. Dental Care
2. Dentist Check Ups
3. Problems with your teeth
4. Pediatric Care
6. School - Kids
7. After School
9. Set Up
10. The Party
12. On Vacation
13. Family and Friends
14. Talking about Friends
15. Pregnancy and Birth
16. Pregnancy Checkups
19. Organizing Time
20. Habits and Health
22. Sleeping and Dreams
24. Hair Cut and Massages
25. At the Salon
26. Books and Magazines
Business English Lessons
1. Machine Problems
2. Mail Room
3. Requesting Equipment
4. Company Policies
5. I'm Busy
6. Giving/Asking Business Cards
7. General Office
8. Office Basics - Interactive Practice
Late or No Show
1. A Little Late
2. Very Late
3. Leaving Work Early
4. Sick day
6. Late or No Show - Interactive Practice
1. Removable Disk
2. Hard Drive
3. Network share and public share
7. General Computer Sentences
8. Computer Related - Interactive Practice
1. Asking for Email Address
2. Requesting information through email
3. Sending attachments through email
4. Email Problems
5. Reply and Reply All
6. Forwarding Mail
7. General email sentences
8. Email - Interactive Practice
Explanations and Presentations
1. Explanations and Presentations General
1. Before the meeting
2. Canceling a Meeting
3. During the Meeting
4. After the Meeting
5. General Statements
1. Phone Call
2. Telling person you will call them back
4. Leaving Messages
5. Sending and receiving information
6. Phone Call - Interactive Practice
Talking to Coworkers
1. Talking to Co-Workers
2. Asking for help or offering help
3. Complaining about another co-worker to a co-worker
4. Complaining about the company
5. Talking about work experience
6. Talking to Coworkers - Interactive Practice
Talking to the Boss
1. Talking to the Boss
2. Asking for more work
3. Complaining and Showing Frustration
4. Talking to your boss about another boss
5. Talking to Boss - Interactive Practice
Talking to Subordinates
1. Talking to your Subordinate or Direct
2. Project Change
4. Subordinate asking you Questions
7. Talking to Direct - Interactive Practice
1. Business Trips
2. First time business trip Q's
3. Talking to people
4. Eating during the Business Trip
5. Business Trip - Interactive Practice
Offices and Cubicles
1. Office and Cubicles
4. Office and Cubicle - Interactive Practice
1. Performance Review Period
3. Self Improvement
5. Performance Review - Interactive Practice
Quitting or Leaving Work
1. Quitting or Leaving Work
2. Negotiating before Leaving
3. General Statements
4. Quitting or Leaving Work - Interactive Practice
Travel English Lessons
1. Confirming your Flight
2. Departing Date
3. At the Counter
4. Finding the Gate
5. Airport - Interactive Practice
1. Car Availability
2. Duration and General Questions
3. Insurance and Driver License
4. Price and Rules
5. Making a Reservation
6. Car Rental - Interactive Practice
1. Making a Reservation I
2. Making a Reservation II
3. Making a Reservation III
4. Checking In and Checking Out
5. General Things
6. Hotel - Interactive Practice
1. Asking for Directions
2. Left Right and Around the Corner
3. Across Blocks and Miles
4. Light and'Y'
5. Dead end and'T'
6. Freeway Explanation
7. Regular Practice
1. Fast Food
2. Regular Restaurant Ordering
3. Regular Restaurant Eating and Requesting Bill
4. Fine Dining
5. Restaurant - Interactive Practice
Store and More
1. Department Store
2. Grocery Store
3. Bank - Currency Exchange
4. Post Office
5. Store and More - Interactive Practice
Talking to Strangers
1. Talking to Strangers
2. Starting a Conversation
3. Talking to Strangers - Interactive Practice
Interview English Lessons
Basic Interview Questions I
1. Tell me a little about yourself.
2. What are your strengths?
3. What are your weaknesses?
4. What are your short term goals?
5. What are your long term goals?
6. What do you want to be doing five years from now?
7. If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be and why?
8. What does success mean to you?
9. What does failure mean to you?
10. Are you an organized person?
11. In what ways are you organized and disorganized?
12. Do you manage your time well?
13. How do you handle change?
14. How do you make important decisions?
15. Do you work well under pressure?
Basic Interview Questions II
1. Are you better at anticipating or reacting to problems
2. Are you a risk taker or do you like to stay away from risks?
3. Why should I hire you?
4. Tell me about Q's... / Tell me about a time you made a mistake.
5. Tell me about a time you made a good decision.
6. Tell me about a time you made a poor decision.
7. Tell me about a time you fired someone.
8. Tell me about a time you hired someone.
9. Tell me about a time you failed to complete an assignment on time.
10. Tell me about a time you found a solution to save the company money.
11. Tell me about a time you aimed too high.
12. Tell me about a time you aimed too low.
13. Tell me about a time you made a great sale.
14. Tell me about a time you went over budget.
School Related Interview Questions
1. What extracurricular activities were you involved in?
2. Why did you choose your major?
3. If you redo college again, what would you major in?
4. What course did you like the most?
5. What course did you like the least?
6. How will your performance in your worst class affect your performance on this job?
7. How would your best friend describe you?
8. How would your professor describe you?
9. How would your mother describe you?
10. Why are you applying for a job that you didn't major in?
11. During college, how did you spend your summer vacations?
12. What did you learn from your internship?
13. Did you do any internships?
14. If you could learn something such as a new skill, what would it be?
Work Related Interview Questions I
1. If you could start your career over again, what would you do differently?
2. During your performance reviews, what criticism do you hear the most?
3. Tell me about your last three positions?
4. Tell me about your last position?
5. What is your management philosophy?
6. What was your favorite job?
7. Tell me about the best manager you ever had.
8. Tell me about the worst manager you ever had.
9. What could you have done to improve your relationship with a manager you didn't like?
10. What were the most memorable accomplishments in your last position?
11. Why do you want to leave your current job?
12. Where did you tell your boss you were going?
13. Are you currently employed at the last place listed on your resume?
14. What is the title of the person you report to?
15. In your previous position, how much time did you spend ...
16. If you don't leave your current job, what do you imagine you will be doing in several years?
17. If you're very happy with your current job, why do you want to leave?
Work Related Interview Questions II
1. If you have problems or complaints with your current job, why haven't you brought it to their attention?
2. Give me a specific example at your last position where...
3. What do you feel an employer owes an employee?
4. What do you expect from your manager?
5. Would you like to have your boss's job?
6. What did you hear about us?
7. What do you know about our product?
8. Have you managed people in any of the positions you've held?
9. What types of people do you have trouble getting along with?
10. Who do you think are our two major competitors?
11. Why do you like sales?
12. Do you see that stapler? Convince me to buy it.
13. How long have you been looking for a job?
14. Why haven't you received any offers so far?
15. If you don't understand your assignment and you can't reach your boss, what would you do?
Work Related Interview Questions III
1. If everyone on the team is a veteran, what will you do to fit in?
2. How do you intend to learn what you need to know to perform well for this job?
3. If your supervisor tells you to do something that you believe can be done in a different way, what would you do?
4. If you're told to do something that you feel is illegal, what would you do?
5. If you were unfairly criticized, what would you do?
6. What are you looking to gain from your next job?
7. What aspects of this job interest you the most?
8. If you are given work from your manager that is boring and tedious, what will you do?
9. How long do you plan on staying with this company?
10. How do you explain the fact that you frequently change jobs?
11. Tell me about a time you had a big disagreement with your boss.
12. What do you do when there is no work to do?
13. What do you do when there are too many things to do?
14. What do you do when you feel burned out?
15. How do you balance both your family and your job?
16. You've been with one company your entire career. Don't you think you will have a tough time adjusting to a new environment?
17. What have you heard about our company that you didn't like?
18. Do you want to work for a small or large company and why?
Working With People Interview Quetions
1. What do you do when you're having difficulty solving a problem?
2. What do you do when you have a problem with a direct?
3. What do you do when you have a problem with your boss?
4. What do you do when you have a problem with your job?
5. What do you do when you have a problem with a co-worker?
6. How do you handle conflict?
7. Have you fired anyone?
8. What do you do when a worker is giving the team more problems than helping?
9. When do you know enough is enough when dealing with a subordinate that doesn't seem to be helping?
10. Do you like to work by yourself or with others?
11. How do you get along...
Miscellaneous Interview Questions
1. Do you have any physical problems that may limit your ability to perform this job?
2. What do you do to stay in shape?
3. What do you like to do when you're not in the office?
4. What's the most recent book you read?
5. What is the most recent movie you saw?
6. Did you have any trouble finding this place?
7. Will working on weekends be a problem?
8. How do you feel about overtime?
9. Have you filed for bankruptcy?
10. Do you own or rent your home?
11. Do you have any outside income?
12. Do you earn any income from investments or hobbies?
13. Are you willing to travel?
14. Are you willing to relocate?
15. May I contact your current employer?
16. May I contact your references?
17. Is there anything else you want to add?
18. What kind of salary are you looking for?
19. That's a high salary for this position! Where did you come up with that figure?
20. How much do you currently get paid?
21. When are you able to start?
22. Are you considering any other offers right now?
23. Asking Questions
Phrases and Idioms
1. Bored to death
2. You've got to be kidding
3. Sick and Tired
4. Call it a day
5. Get on one's nerves
6. Couch potato
7. Read one's mind
8. Feel blue
9. Fender bender
10. Get foot in the door
12. Give somebody a hard time
13. Make up one's mind
14. Go Dutch
15. Throw in the towel
1. Goose bumps
2. Stay in touch
3. Have the guts
4. Rain or Shine
5. I'm beat
6. Easier said than done
7. It's about time
8. Jump to conclusions
9. Keep an eye on
10. Out of the blue
11. Know something inside out
12. Give someone a hand
13. Now and then
14. Nuke - Microwave
15. On the dot
1. Keeping my fingers crossed
2. Out of this world
3. Over one's head
4. Pain in the ass
5. Piece of cake
6. Sooner or later
7. Pull someone's leg
8. Put oneself in one's place
9. I can eat a horse
10. Read between the lines
11. Rings a bell
13. Sleep on it
14. Play it by ear
15. Speak of the devil
1. Grab a bite
2. Take it easy
3. Go with the flow
4. Twenty-four seven
5. Under the weather
6. Don't sweat it
7. You can say that again
9. Beats Me
10. I Don't Buy it
11. Keep Your Cool
12. Sort Of
13. Good For You
14. Good Luck
1. Who Cares
2. Big Deal
3. What a Small World
4. What's going on?
5. Now You're Talking
6. Over My Dead Body
7. Coming Right Up
8. Good Thinking
10. Nothing Matters
11. Come On
12. Never mind
13. If You Insist
14. Stop It!
15. It's Nothing
1. What gives?
2. Fair Enough
3. Cat Got Your Tongue
4. My Pleasure
5. It Totally Slipped My Mind
6. Give It to Me Straight
7. It's written all over your face
8. Go For It
9. It's a Deal
10. Don't Be a Stranger
11. Let's Go Fifty- Fifty
12. Good for Nothing
13. You're Telling Me
14. Get a Life
15. Don't Joke With Me
1. I Can't Thank You Enough
2. My Two Cents
3. Just Name It
4. No Worries
5. Why so Blue?
6. Nature Calls
7. What's Eating You?
8. Shame on You
9. Hang In There
10. I Owe You
11. Take a Hike
12. It's a Piece of Cake
13. I'm On My Way
14. I'm Hosed
15. It's a Long Story
1. Since When
2. Got It
3. You Wish
4. You're Dressed to Kill
5. Behave Yourself
6. That Figures
7. Do Tell
8. No Sweat
9. I Blew It
11. I Messed Up
12. I Beg to Differ
13. Rise and Shine
14. You Bet
15. Pie in the Sky
1. No Strings Attached
2. Sleep Tight
3. It Can't Hurt
4. I Couldn't Agree With You More
5. Thank Goodness
6. You Made It
8. I'm Sick of It
9. Get Out of Here
10. You Made It Big
11. In Your Dreams
12. Hold On a Sec
13. That's easier said than done
14. You Never Know
15. Back to the grind
1. It Serves You Right
2. I Can't Wait
3. Lighten Up
4. Good Point
5. Just My Luck
6. It's Up To You
7. Hop In
8. I Told You So
9. You Know Better Than That
10. Has Been Burned
11. Keep Me in the Loop
12. I'll Be Down
13. Get to the Point
14. Down to Earth
15. Sure Thing
Pronouncing the letters B and P
Pronouncing the letters D and T
Pronouncing the letters G and K
Pronouncing the letters CH and J
Pronouncing the letter H
Pronouncing the letters F and V
Pronouncing the letters S and Z
Pronouncing the letters M, N, and NG
Pronouncing the letter L
Pronouncing the letter R
Pronouncing the letter W
Pronouncing the letter Y
Pronouncing the sound TH
Pronouncing the sound SH
Pronouncing the various sounds of the letter A
Pronouncing the various sounds of the letter E
Pronouncing the letter I
Pronouncing the letter O
Pronouncing the letter U
1. Singular and Plural Nouns
2. Count Nouns vs. Non-Count Nouns
3. Possessive Nouns
5. 'Be' Verbs
6. Action Verbs
8. Comparative and Superlative Adjectives
10. Simple Tense
11. Progressive and Perfect Tense
12. Perfect Progressive Tense
13. Irregular Verbs
15. Infinitives 1
16. Infinitives 2
17. Active Voice and Passive Voice
18. Indicative, Imperative, Subjunctive Mood
19. Auxiliary Verbs - 'Be', 'Do', 'Have'
20. Auxiliary Verbs - 'Will/Would', 'Shall/Should'
21. Auxiliary Verbs - 'Can/Could', 'May/Might/Must'
22. Prepositions - 'On', 'At', 'In'
23. Prepositions - 'Of', 'To', 'For'
24. Prepositions - 'With', 'Over', 'By'
25. Conjunctions - Coordinating and Correlative
26. Conjunctions - Subordinating
27. Conjunctive Adverbs
28. Articles - Indefinite and Definite